There are several open posts, scientists with the following experience could be of significant interest; AAV/ cell line generation/animal tissue/RNA/ DNA/small molecules
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with mammalian cell/tissue culture and cloning is essential
- Experience with a variety of cellular and molecular biology techniques such as cloning, sequence analysis and manipulation, RT-PCR, transcription profiling, assay development, ELISA, transcription activity assays etc.
- Diligent recording of data; high attention to detail; experience with ELN and databases
- An understanding of hypothesis driven experimentation
- Working in a GLP environment
- Lab management, ensuring appropriate levels of control over scientific data, equipment and materials, maintaining appropriate levels of documentation, record keeping, and procedures
- Collaboration with the broader team to complete project deliverables
- Interact with senior members of the research team to ensure appropriate experimental design and analysis
- Housekeeping duties in the laboratory including stock management
- Health and Safety and GMO risk assessments
- Innovative and natural problem solver; able to “join the dots” of disparate information
- Detail-oriented and able to perform precise work in the laboratory
- Confident and clear presentation of data, verbally and through written reports
- Effectively manage own time/workload to meet project deliverables with minimal oversight
- Motivated to learn and master new methods and techniques
This role could suit an MRes/MScR qualified candidate with a couple of years relevant industry experience behind them, or a recent PhD graduate looking for their first industry role.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life changing therapies. You will be joining a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and play a vital role in the development of future gene therapy treatments. You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including; life, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, on site café.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim and contract services across the science, technology and engineering sectors.