Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the manufacture of viruses (AAV preferable), recombinant protein or biologics, cell culture aseptic working techniques is essential
- Knowledge of purification (DSP) and analytics (QC) for bioproducts would be advantageous
- Technical knowledge of molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, cloning, and sequence analysis and manipulation, would be advantageous
- Adept at working with and updating SOPs to produce reproducible results
- Experience of fundamental lab skills, e.g. pipetting, aliquoting reagents, media/solution preparation, working in a GLP environment
- Effective written and verbal communication across/between team members and management
- Experience in H&S, COSHH, and Risk Assessments
- Detail-oriented and able to perform precise work
- Effectively manage own time/workload to meet deliverables with minimal oversight
This role could suit an HND/BSc qualified candidate with at least a couple of years industry experience behind them in a similar manufacturing discipline.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life changing therapies. You will be joining a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and play a vital role, to aid the development of future therapies. You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including; life, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, on site café.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim and contract services across the science, technology and engineering sectors.