Technical experience and knowledge:
- MSc Or PhD in bioinformatics/biostatistics
- Python programming (principal language used)
- NGS data analysis, particularly applied to gene expression
- Knowledge of NGS technologies
- Statistical analysis of DNA sequence and molecular datasets
- Effective communication of complex concepts and data to non-experts
- An excellent track/publication record
Additional/beneficial areas of knowledge:
- Demonstrable experience of developing novel computational methods
- Knowledge of other data analysis languages, such as R/Java/Matlab
- Familiarity with enhancer landmark datasets
- Experience contributing to projects involving cross-disciplinary and global teams
- An understanding of the role of signalling pathways and molecular targets in human disease, specific knowledge of signalling pathways in eukaryotes
- Familiarity with Unix-like systems
This role could suit an MSc qualified candidate with a couple of years industry experience behind them, or a recent bioinformatics PhD graduate, looking for their first industry role.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life changing therapies. You will be joining a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and directly influence the development of the therapeutic expression cassette. You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including; life, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, on site café.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim and contract services across the science, technology and engineering sectors.