GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE Healthcare (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Sartorius Stedim Cellca is a leading provider of cell line development and upstream process development services for large-scale protein production of biopharmaceuticals in mammalian (CHO) cells. For this purpose, Cellca has devised a unique cost effective reliable technology platform consistently delivering well characterised stable research clones from DNA to Research Cell Bank in 4-6 months with titres upwards of 3 g/L in an easily scalable fed-batch process. Cellca has a successful track record with more than 40 successfully completed customer projects. Founded in 2005 Cellca was acquired by Sartorius Stedim Biotech in 2015 and is located in Laupheim, Germany.
uniQure is a leader in the field of gene therapy. Gene therapy offers the prospect of long-term and potentially curative benefit to patients with genetic or acquired diseases by directing the expression of a therapeutic protein or restoring the expression of a missing protein through a single therapeutic administration. uniQure is developing a pipeline of adeno-associated virus (AAV)-based gene therapies both internally and through multiple collaborations. The company develops its gene therapies using our innovative, modular technology platform, including our proprietary manufacturing process. It is advancing a broad pipeline of innovative gene therapies, initially focused on treatments for rare diseases, but through its collaborations and the strategic partnership it has with Bristol-Myers Squibb to develop gene therapies for cardiovascular diseases, it has made the next step towards developing gene therapies targeting chronic and degenerative diseases that affect larger populations.
AGTC uses gene therapy to develop long-lasting treatments for patients with genetic disorders. Gene therapy replaces broken genes with normal functional genes, allowing a patient’s own body to produce proteins to treat their illness. A single treatment provides long-lasting benefit – sometimes even for a lifetime – leading to a better quality of life for patients worldwide. The innovative delivery method AGTC uses is the non-toxic adeno-associated virus (AAV), a safe virus that delivers healthy copies of the gene, replacing defective copies.
AAV is an ideal delivery method because:
- It is safe, having never been shown to cause disease.
- It is effective and provides long-lasting benefit.
- Its production is fully scalable and does not require animal-derived products.
- It has been approved for use in human clinical trials by U.S. and European regulatory agencies.
Adverum is a gene therapy company committed to discovering and developing novel medicines that can offer life-changing benefits to patients living with rare diseases or diseases of the eye who currently have limited or burdensome treatment options. Adverum has developed a broad and diverse pipeline of propriertary and partnered programs in gene therapy.
The Cell Therapy Catapult was established in 2012 as a centre of excellence in innovation, with the core purpose of building a world-leading cell therapy industry in the UK. Supported by Innovate UK, its mission is to drive the growth of the industry by helping cell therapy organisations across the world translate early-stage research into commercially viable and investable therapies.
At the heart of the organisation lie the five core pillars that represent the CTC's key goals:
- Dedicated to helping the industry deliver life-changing cell therapies to patients.
- Committed to growing and sharing its experience and expertise to lead the transformation of the cell therapy industry.
- Collaborate to increase efficiency and produce the best possible outcomes to help drive growth.
- Make risk more manageable through demonstration of success, collaboration and new technologies that deliver advantages across the industry.
- Lead the UK cell therapy industry to create health and wealth from the UK's outstanding science foundation and make the UK the most compelling and logical choice for international partners.